Welcome to the Canberra Vikings Cycling Club
Vikings is a club that caters for and supports road cyclists of all levels. While we love to see our members being successful in races, we equally value participation, enthusiasm and contribution. We run road bike races in and around Canberra, along with training and development programs for adults, juniors, and athletes with disabilities. Our members range from beginner cyclists to professional riders racing the UCI World Tour.
Vikings is affiliated with Cycling Australia, meaning that members can enter road, track, and mountain bike racing events run by any CA affiliated clubs in the ACT or elsewhere in Australia.If you are new, please look around the website, sign up to the V-Mail, join the forum, and feel free to contact us.
Vikings CC has been operating
in Canberra since 1996 and in that time has developed a riding culture based
around the following principles:
- We love to race and ride bikes.
- We ride safely and stop at red lights.
- We ride with, and support, anyone who wants to ride with us, no matter their ability or background.
- We introduce new people to the sport and help them learn.
- We are honest and open in our dealings with members, authorities, and other clubs.
- We welcome members of other clubs at our events and encourage the development of a diversity of racing opportunities in the ACT.
Amelia Crane, National u15 ITT Champion
Nathan Haas, 2011 NRS winner and Garmin-Barracuda rider
Sue Powell, National and World Champion in almost everything, paralympic gold and silver medalist. 'Love the sport and be involved at the local level'
Rob McLachlan, 1992 olympian, 2 time NRS winner, 3 time runner up in National Road Champs, leader of the first Aus pro-continental team
Michael Matthews, 2010 U23 World Champion and Rabbobank riderMichael Milton, multiple Australian Champ and Beijing olympian and general famous person