If you are looking for group training to help build up your fitness goals for 2022, consider joining the VCC development squad in 2022. The program is planned to start from 28 March and will go for 12 weeks initially, then entries will reopen for new participants.
Expressions of interest are open until Sunday 20 March, email Coach@vikingscycling.org.au to sign-up or to find out more.
The aim is to have a group of riders who will support each other at races and improve their capability together.
The Dev Squad gave me a supportive and sustainable way to get improve my riding and race technique. Chris provided an environment to really improve and noticeably, many squad members demonstrate this. If you want to start racing or move up a grade dev squad is the place for you!Member of the 2021 Tour of Bright Dev Squad
The program offers:
- A supportive squad environment to help you reach your goals.
- The chance to experience racing as part of close-knit group of Vikings racers and supporters.
- A training program utilising a mix of Vikings group rides, squad rides, local club races and individual sessions.
- Individual training plans built around your goals and other life commitments.
You will need a AusCycling membership to join the program as well as:
- a helmet with an Standards Australia sticker inside
- rear and front lights
- a moderate level of fitness
- a road bike with drop handlebars
- cycling shoes with cleats (and matching pedals) are highly recommended but not essential.