Tour of Bright Training Squad
Vikings Cycling Club will be running a Training development program for members wanting to either race at this years’ Tour of Bright or take part in the fondo.
The iconic Bright Brewery Tour of Bright is a three-stage road race and is one of the most fiercely contested club races on the VRS Road Series calendar. It is held in the first week of December and boasts amazing alpine scenery, competitive racing and welcoming support from the local cycling club and community.
In the absence of a grand-fondo, Vikings riders are still encouraged to come-along, ride the spectacular rides around the area and join the racers at the end of each day.
Whether your goal is to take-out the General Classification, ride strong in the pack or build your climbing abilities, this program will help you develop towards these goals while providing a fun and supportive squad environment for those ups-and-downs along the way.
The program offers:
– A supportive squad environment to help you reach your goals.
– The chance to experience a cracking weekend as part of close-knit group of Vikings racers and supporters.
– A training program utilising a mix of Vikings group rides, squad rides, local club races and individual sessions.
– Individual training plans built around your goals and other life commitments.
– (The potential to hold a training camp will also be explored).
Vikings Cycling Club has a great reputation of sending down a strong and fun squad in years past. As recently as 2019 Vikings boasted two GC winners, a QoM, KoM runner-up, Sprint classification runner-up, a host of podium appearances and a bunch of great memories to take home. Fondo riders that have also made the journey have had a blast and are a huge part of making it a great weekend.
If you’re interested, please email Coach@vikingscycling.org.au to sign-up or to find out more.
The program will begin in mid-to-late June. Spots will be limited so sign-up quick.