Welcome to the Canberra Vikings Cycling Club
Vikings is a club that caters for and supports road cyclists of all levels. While we love to see our members being successful in races, we equally value participation, enthusiasm and contribution. We run road bike races in and around Canberra, along with training and development programs for adults, juniors, and athletes with disabilities. Our members range from beginner cyclists to professional riders racing the UCI World Tour.
Vikings is affiliated with AusCycling, meaning that members can enter road, track, and mountain bike racing events run by any AusCycling affiliated clubs in the ACT or elsewhere in Australia.
Vikings Cycling Club has been operating in Canberra since 1996 and in that time has developed a riding culture based around the following principles:
- We love to race and ride bikes.
- We ride safely and stop at red lights.
- We ride with, and support, anyone who wants to ride with us, no matter their ability or background.
- We introduce new people to the sport and help them learn.
- We are honest and open in our dealings with members, authorities, and other clubs.
- We welcome members of other clubs at our events and encourage the development of a diversity of racing opportunities in the ACT.
Our development of many hundreds of riders who now enjoy riding at levels from F grade to the UCI World Tour, including juniors, masters, and athletes with disabilities, is testament to the success of this approach.
Acknowledgement of Country
Vikings Cycling Club acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal People, and pay our respects to Elders past and present. We acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.