VCC was established in 1996 to promote and provide opportunities for participation by South Canberra and Tuggeranong residents in all forms of cycling. It now caters for cyclists who live all over Canberra including Northside and the Belconnen area, and members come from as far as Cooma! It conducts road races and other cycling events in the Canberra region. Club members also organise training and social rides and can assist with coaching riders of any ability.
VCC has a strong contingent of women cyclists, masters-aged cyclists, and also has several AWD (athletes with a disability) members. Our junior cyclists program is one of the most successful in the region. VCC also provides coaching and support for novice cyclists and has pioneered the Novice Road Cycling Program.
Our aims are to:
- encourage all levels of ability
- promote junior development
- provide a positive social atmosphere
- organise a varied racing program
- encourage family and involvement with family membership concessions and low social membership fees.
- Insurance for events, training and non-competitive riding activities – as proof of full and club membership you will be issued with a race licence, which covers you for insurance, when riding, for personal accident and public liability (non-Medicare medical expenses). Other benefits, such as income assistance, capital benefits are covered when engaged in events only. (Full details available in club information package).
- Club newsletter and email list
- Discounts at various cycling stores
- Tuggeranong Valley Rugby Union and Sports Club (TVRUASC) which provides grants to the club and scholarships for nominated members.
- Cycling Australia (CA) and ACT Cycling (ACTCF) which provides members access to racing with all affiliated clubs, in national championships and international UCI accredited events.
Join Vikings today!
Joining is easy. Check out our Membership section and join online.