The Vikings Cycling Club (VCC) was established in 1996 to promote and provide opportunities for participation by South Canberra and Tuggeranong residents in all forms of cycling. We now cater for cyclists who live all over Canberra including Northside and the Belconnen area, and members come from as far as Cooma!
Our club conducts road, track and gravel races and other cycling events in the Canberra region. We also run a number of road bunch rides each week which are both training and social rides.
We have a strong contingent of women cyclists, masters-aged cyclists, and several AWD (athletes with disabilities) members. Our junior cyclists program is one of the most successful in the region. We also provide coaching and support for novice cyclists and has pioneered the Novice Road Cycling Program and the Women’s Novice Track Development program.
Our aims are to:
- encourage all levels of ability
- promote junior development
- provide a positive social atmosphere
- organise a varied racing program
- encourage family and involvement with family membership concessions and low social membership fees.
Inclusion and diversity
Inclusion and diversity is a core value of our club, and something we continue to work on to ensure we create a safe space for all members. We want to create an environment where all members can be themselves and feel supported to participate in our rides and races.
Our club has also made a commitment to understand how we can make racing more inclusive for our LGBTIQ+ members. We are consulting with appropriate organisations, such as the AIS’s Thrive with Pride program, to develop an official approach on LGBTIQ+ racing for longer term change.
We welcome any feedback or suggestions on what we can do better to promote more inclusive cycling to our inclusion officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuggeranong Valley Rugby Union and Sports Club (TVRUASC) which provides grants to the club and scholarships for nominated members.
- AusCycling which provides members access to racing with all affiliated clubs, in national championships and international UCI accredited events.
Join Vikings today!
Joining is easy. Check out our Membership section and join online.